How To Set Up Your Apple Router and Prepare A Home Network?
As time elapses, the use of the internet and WiFi is equally increasing. Netizens today are well-aware of the recent advancements in the field of internet and internet technologies. Having said that, many internet users worldwide are now leaning towards the use of advanced networking devices such as Apple Routers. These devices offer you an excellent opportunity to connect to the internet and fulfill a wide range of networking requirements. Whether it is your home or small office, you can use Airport Utility Windows to configure the router and ensure a steady flow of internet data to various smart devices. However, you must know the correct setup process of the Apple Router to avoid the risk of unwelcoming hook-ups. Read on to explore how you can set up the networking device and ensure an uninterrupted internet service.
What is Airport Utility For Windows?
Before we start discussing Apple Airport Windows setup or things like how to reset airport express, you must have a detailed understanding of the Apple Airport Utility Windows. While the Airport Utility is an in-built Mac app that lets you configure and manage the wireless networks using Apple’s Airport Extreme, Airport Express, and Time Capsule, the Airport Utility setup for Windows is not an in-built app in a Windows OS. You need to download Airport Utility if you have a Windows system. Here’s how you can download the Airport Utility for Windows 10 on your computer:
- Open a web browser on your computer and visit the Airport Utility download page.
- Click on the “Download Airport Utility for Windows” option to start the Airport Utility download.
- On the next window, click on Download and then select Airportsetup.exe to install the program on your Windows computer.
- Choose Next and then go through the license agreement page. If you agree to it, click on Next and select Install.
- Click on Finish to complete the installation of Airport Extreme Utility Windows.
Tips To Set Up Your Apple Router
Setting up your Apple Router requires you to first check if your internet connection is working fine. You can plug one end of an Ethernet cable to the modem and the other end to the LAN port of your laptop or desktop computer. Once the connection is established, check if you are able to access the internet. The next step involved in Airport Extreme setup Windows is connecting the router. Ensure that the internet light on the modem is lit and then connect it to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to continue with the Apple Router setup:
- Plug in the Airport Express’s power adapter to an electrical socket and switch it on.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable connected to the modem and the router is not removed.
- After completing the physical setup of the device, you need to configure the router by inserting the CD that came along with the Airport Express into the optical drive of your computer.
- You can simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the program.
- Once the installation completes, open Airport Utility from the Start menu.You will notice a list of devices on the left-hand panel.
- Locate the router that is labeled as base station and select it.
- Name your Airport Express and set a password for it. Click on Continue.
If you ever need to do an Airport Time Capsule setup, you can follow the similar steps listed above. After you complete the above-mentioned steps, you need to create a wireless network. The setup wizard will prompt you what to do with the Airport Express. Here, you need to create a wireless network if you are adding or replacing another router. On the next screen, you need to name the wireless network that you set up. Ensure that you have selected the WPA2 Personal option, which suggests that your wireless network is protected by a password and no one can simply connect to it.