Below are ten reasons why packaged SEO is total BS.
1) SEO packages are usually made without evaluating your website
No two websites are exactly alike. Accordingly, there is no such thing as a "one size fits all" SEO package. In fact, businesses within the same industry often differ sharply with respect to the content on their website.
Prefabricated search engine optimization packages are prepared without any analysis of your website or understanding of your customer base.
Here are a few ways that this lack of analysis can impede your performance:
- -Packaged SEO plans typically do not offer reports that give you a true assessment of your website's performance
- -You do not receive any customized analysis tools that identify keyword to content ratios or user flow
- -Packaged SEO is prepared with no knowledge of your competitors
- -Any troubleshooting provided usually arrives in the form of a quick fix
2) You may be paying for keywords and search engines that you never use
Packaged SEO services are designed for the masses. They are put together by individuals who are guessing what the average website in your field would need to prosper.
As a result, packaged SEO plans often feature keywords that are useless to your specialty. This leads to two unpleasant consequences:
- -You are paying for services that you do not need and will never use
- -Despite overpaying for services, there is a strong likelihood that keywords pertinent to your business will be missed
3) Any initial results are usually fleeting
Most providers who push prepackaged SEO services lack a long-term, strategic plan for your organization. In fact, the only long-term goal they likely have for your business is to convince you to pay for their "services" as long as possible.
Surprisingly, many packaged SEO providers achieve this goal because they promise immediate results to customers to entice them to sign on with their business.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as immediate results and any short-term improvements are typically not sustainable.
4) Packaged SEO services are often outsourced to overseas providers
"A large majority of [so-called SEO experts] are sales guys who outsource to India, and the result is really bad content by non-native English speakers."
- Josh Rubin, Founder of Post Modern Marketing
Packaged SEO providers might give you the impression that they will be handling your SEO locally. In reality, many packaged SEO providers outsource to India and other overseas countries.
This means your keywords and phrases could be determined by a non-native English speaker who knows absolutely nothing about your business.